TIME
Anonymous
Time is so precious that is equal to every man. It can never be slowed down neither can be pushed forward. An expression, “Let’s have a double time.”, when actually we can never double the time. We can only speed up the work or exert more effort but can never double the time. It is only in eternity when time has no more meaning and only in heaven with God when time is everlasting. Here on earth, whatever time that is lost is absolutely lost. It can never be found again. A child may think nothing of his lifetime; a youth may say, “There’s no end to life”; but an adult, particularly the aged, may quip, “It seems only yesterday”.
Yes, life on this earth is brief and temporary. We are here in preparation for life eternal. The Lord has made everything for His own purposes (Psalm 16:4). The ultimate goal of all creation is to show the grandeur and glory of God.
I visited a friend of mine in his mid-forties almost two decades ago. He was on his sickbed when he told me, “Why only now did I come to really know about the goodness of the Lord? Why only now did I have that desire to follow and serve him when I’m already disabled? How I appreciate those people who from their youth to adulthood have continued to live a Godly life.” And then spontaneously I heard him praying already “God, if you allow me to live another seven years I’ll dedicate my life to you.” Admittedly, he had wasted most of his time when he was young up to his prime years. He was almost influenced by the world but with God’s grace, there was still another chance. And it was not too late. God is really gracious and faithful to answer every honest prayer. My very friend is still alive & still in the service for the Lord. His life was extended not only for seven years but almost three times seven. I can safely say, from that eventful moment we met to the present, he has been investing his life for the Lord.
May God continue to bless you, my friend. Brother, where do you invest your time? I pray, invest it for the Lord. If it was not too late for my friend, neither will it be for all of us. The important thing is we begin...NOW. Praise God.
No comments:
Post a Comment